We guarantee quality assurance
Global Interpreting recruits highly-qualified interpreters throughout the United States and Canada through a variety of targeted advertisements and outreach activities. Applicants must pass an oral and written proficiency exam, meet stringent qualification requirements, and pass rigorous skills screening.
To be considered as interpreters for Global Interpreting all interpreters must meet the following minimum requirements:
- 3 years or more of active experience in over-the-phone, consecutive or simultaneous interpreting environments.
- Attendance at an institution of higher education.
- Familiarity with U.S. culture and systems and the culture and systems of all other working languages.
- Native or near-native fluency in all working languages.
All Interpreters are continually monitor to ensure our clients they are provided with accurate, professional, and timely language interpreting. Monitoring includes:
- Telephonic interpreting skills evaluation
- Daily reports
- Customer service performance evaluations
- Call quality evaluation, including technical issues
- Regular onsite evaluations
All interpreters are required to participate in ongoing and continual education and development training. In addition to language and cultural proficiency and first-person interpreting skills, special attention is paid to the importance of customer service, both to the Global Interpreting client as well as the LEP customer. Care is taken to ensure professional and culturally appropriate interaction to achieve high quality interpreting services and the highest level of client satisfaction possible.
All of our Corporate Employees, Customer Service Associates, and Interpreters sign a confidentiality pledge. A Human Resource Department representative discusses the topic of confidentiality with each employee/contractor quarterly and during the initial orientation session.
We are prepared to assist our customers in meeting the regulatory requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). We can provide a Business Associate Agreement as an Addendum to your contract that addresses the management of documentation required under HIPAA
We are proud members and sponsors of national interpreter/translator associations such as:
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- National Associations of Judiciary Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT)
- Northern California Translators Association (NCTA)
- International Medical Interpreter Association (IMIA)
- California Healthcare Interpreters Association (CHIA)
- Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (RID)